+An easy to make treat for Mothering Sunday
Try using 74% cocoa chocolate
The reason behind this? There is less sugar the higher the cocoa content, hence why it becomes more bitter. Try not to eat the chocolate before using in the recipe! Served with a sour cherry amaretti biscuit.
For 4 servings
250 ml double cream
100ml full fat milk
150g chocolate broken into small pieces
40g soft brown sugar
3 egg yolks
1. Warm the double cream & milk on a low heat, remove the pan from the heat
2. Add the broken chocolate pieces to the pan and melt, stir constantly
3. Meanwhile whisk the egg yolks & sugar with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy
4. Whisk the chocolate mix into the egg mix
5. Pour into your favourite type of ramekin
6. Chill overnight, and serve with your preferred biscuit
Love our #recipes?