Updated: Jan 26
Saffron infused home made Linguine, white crab meat
A plate of joy
White crab contains a high level of easily digestible protein. High in long chain omega 3, polyunsaturated acids. Contains selenium, which plays a key role in the human’s antioxidant defence system, preventing damage to cells and tissues. High in phosphorus the principal mineral in building bones and teeth. Copper is involved in the absorption, storage and metabolism of iron. Saffron improves the mood.
To make pasta
If you are adventurous enough and have a pasta machine. Otherwise, use ready made linguine.
Start by dissolving a teaspoon of saffron in a tablespoon of boiling water, then mix 9 whole organic eggs and 1 yolk with the saffron. Mix the eggs and 1Kg of '00' flour with a fork.
Nead the pasta until smooth. Allow to rest for 1/2 an hour wrapped in cling film. Then roll out into sheets, allow to dry a little. Cut into linguine, dust with polenta flour to separate the noodles. Weigh into 100/120g nests. Keep in the fridge or freeze for later use.
100/120g fresh linguine pasta
A 114g pack of white crab meat available from Morrisons
30g butter diced
2 cloves garlic chopped
Red chilli deseeded and diced, add to taste
100ml white wine optional
2tbs finely sliced basil
2 tbs finely chopped parsley
Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
A good drizzle of olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add the garlic and chilli and cook for a couple of minutes on a medium heat
2. Add the wine and reduce by half, turn up the heat to full
3. Meanwhile add the pasta to boiling salted water and cook till al dente
4. Add the crab, basil, parsley, salt and pepper
5. Now add the strained pasta to the pan, mix all the ingredients together
6. Drizzle with olive oil and glaze the pasta
7. Serve with a green salad
Love our #recipes?